Monday, May 3, 2010

About M Muthusubramanyam

I and my wife Veda have been residents of Roswell, GA, USA since mid-2005 after I retired as Professor of Civil Engineering, at Alabama A&M University, Huntsville, Alabama. I hail from India, migrated to the USA in 1977, and have lived in Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, Oregon, Texas, Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia), and Alabama (in that order) before moving to Georgia.

My daughter lives in Roswell, with her husband and two children. My son is married and lives in Oregon with his wife and a son.

We are first-generation immigrants; all our folks are still in India.

My first and only book to be published is "Where there is a will ....".  I started as a series of blog entries in 2006 at the request of my daughter-in-law.  Many of my friends, relatives, and colleagues thought and expressed the idea that it would be a good idea to publish it as a book. My professional life experience was like a roller coaster.  I felt the knowledge of how I pursued my dream with perseverance would be of benefit to persons starting their careers, especially the new immigrants from abroad. 

This book is autobiographical by nature, but the emphasis is on my journey from the age of 39  to 65.


M Muthusubramanyam  

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I and my wife Veda are residents of Roswell, GA, USA since mid 2005 after me retiring as Professor of Civil Engineering, Alabama A&M University, Huntsville, Alabama. I hail from India, migrated to USA in 1977, and have lived in Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, Oregon, Texas, Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) and Alabama (in that order) before moving to Georgia. My daughter lives in Roswell, with her husband and two children aged 7 and 4. My son is married and lives in Oregon with his wife and a son. We are first generation immigrants; all our folks are still in India. M Muthusubramanyam Dec, 2010 (Written: December 2010)

Followers